Pasta with chickpeas, you would say! But ciceri e tria is much more ... it is a Salento dish of ancient origins that consists of a kind of pasta tagliatella, which is partly boiled as usual, and partly fried! The pasta is then combined with the chickpeas stewed in a pan ... a real treat!
Difficult level: medium
Preparation time: 50 min
Cooking time: 150 min
Servings: 4 people
For homemade pasta
- Water (room temperature) 165 gr
- Flour 00 150 gr
- Remilled durum wheat semolina 150 gr
- EVO 1 cucchiaio
- Dried chickpeas 150 gr
- Garlic 2 spicchi
- Chili pepper 1
- Laurel 3 leaves
- Seed oil 250 ml
- White onions 80 gr
- Rosemary 3 rametti
- EVO q.b.
- Vegetable broth 350 gr
- Fine salt q.b.
1. Let's start by soaking the chickpeas the night before.
2. Prepare the vegetable broth and finely chop the onion.
3. Put a drizzle of oil and two whole peeled garlic cloves in a large pan.
4. As soon as the garlic is golden, remove it, pour the onion and stir; let the onion soften by adding water or broth. After 10 minutes add the chopped chilli, without internal seeds, the rosemary and the laurel.
5. Drain the chickpeas and add them to the pan; add salt to taste. Let it cook with the lid on for about 2 hours, adding the broth from time to time.
6. In the meantime prepare the pasta: in a bowl sift the flour, the semolina, pour the water a little at a time, and then the oil. Let's start mixing with a fork and then knead by hand in the bowl: later continue on a lightly oiled work surface, until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
7. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
8. After resting, roll out the dough with the pasta machine creating a 2-3 mm thin sheet. At this point, change the head of the machine, make the tagliatellas and divide them into pieces about 8-9 cm long.
9. Let's give the pieces a spiral shape and leave them to dry for at least 2 hours.
10. In a pan, bring the seed oil to a temperature of 170°: when the pasta is dry, fry 40% of the total, a few pieces at a time.
11. When they are golden brown, drain them and arrange them on a tray lined with absorbent paper. Boil the remaining part of the pasta in abundant salted water for about 1 minute.
12. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the cooked chickpeas and mix.
13. Serve and decorate with the fried pasta.