You can always find taralli on the table of any proper Apulian family: they are perfect for the traditional italian aperitif, for a quick snack during the day, but also to eat with vegetables and salads!
Difficult level: medium
Preparation time: 60 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Servings: 60 pieces
- 00 Flour 500 gr
- White wine 200 gr
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 120 gr
- Salt 10 gr
1. Mix flour, salt and oil in a bowl until you get a crumb mixture.
2. Add wine, mix and transfer the mixture to the pastry board, kneading it by hand for at least ten minutes.
3. Shape small pieces of dough with fingertips, to form small cylinders 1 cm thick and 12 cm long, then join the tips to obtain little bagels.
4. Place taralli on a sheet of baking paper and boil water in a pot.
5. Now dip a few taralli at a time in the pot and, as soon as they rise to the surface, drain them with a skimming ladle, then place them on a cloth tray lined.
6. Let taralli rest for several hours, even for a whole night, and then put them in the oven, using a tray lined with baking paper, at 190 ° static mode for about 40 minutes.